Finally a picture of my crested gecko!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I was able to snap a few through the glass. Not the best pictures, but you'll get an idea of what he looks like! I'm not sure about gender, but I named him Marcus so I just keep referring to it as a he. It wouldn't be the first time I gave a female animal a male name though! He's currently about three months old and was labeled as a "dalmation". He's either a dark brown or a light tan color and has little black spots all over. Enjoy the pics! Hopefully I'll get better ones when I start handling him. He's a little skittish, but I've been leaving him alone to settle in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Cute!!!

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Very nice. [​IMG]

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Oh man! I love those spits! Next crestie I get is going to be speckled!

5. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think the spots are adorable too! He's not as colorful as some of the other cresteds that where there, but I didn't really care what color I got. I actually didn't see any adult dalmations at the show though. There were some gorgeous ones with all sorts of patterns. Perhaps when I get a little bit more money I'll splurge on a colorful one! I was told this one might get a little bit more orange as he gets older, but its actually neat to see him change from dark to light!

Do you have two girls, Jordan? What colors are yours considered?

6. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    He's gorgeous! From what I've been told, the color changes drastically as they age.

Mine are still too young to sex, from what I was told. So I'm not sure. I hope so, then maybe I won't have to separate them, lol. I don't know about the color morphs either. They're just cool to me, lol.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, I definitely like the color of your guys! I LOVE the ones that are darker on the sides and have a light strip down the back. I also loved some that I saw that had a dark body and almost white tails. I can't wait to see my little guy grow up! The person who sold him to me said it will take about a year to a year and a half for him to reach full size and the adults he had for sale were massive! He said those weren't even full grown yet.

About how big are yours? Do you know how old?

8. theOEGBman

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Yeah, one of mine gets a dark chocolate brown and orange with a creamy tan tail but they change so much throughout the day. It's really amazing. He reminds me of Autumn, leaves and what not, haha. Yup, the adults get a decent size! They're fun lizards too.

I'm not sure how old mine are. I got them in September. I'm not sure about size either but if you remind me, I'd be happy to take a comparison shot for you!

9. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'd love to see a size shot!

How friendly are yours? Mine is somewhat skittish but I'm hoping that with handling he'll come around since he's a baby. From what I'm reading it seems that once they are adults and never handled, its very difficult to tame them. but if they are babies it looks like its possible. I think I'm going to close myself in the bathroom the first time I take him out. There's no where really for him to hide! I just have to remember to shut the sink drains!

10. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful dalmation crestie! Very nice! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by