Finally a pip!

Countrymama729

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Mississippi
I have failed to hatch any eggs out everytime I've tried. I made up my mind if i failed this time I would give up trying. I have had problems everytime and never even had a pip. The first time I didn't give them long enough. I felt bad about that. The second try my thermometer was off plus I had a rotten one so not sure which one was the culprit for killing them that time. My third batch I put twelve eggs in incubator #1 with egg turner. I added the fourth batch a week later. I didn't realize until I was putting batch #4 in incubator #2 and discarding the others what i done wrong. I stuck my thermometer from incubator #1 into incubator #2 and realized I was reading incubator #2s wrong. It was on 110º when I thought it was at 100º. So I must have cooked those twelve eggs. Poor things. I adjusted the temp and have been monitoring the humidity. Its now day 20 for the last batch and I have 3 eggs pipped. I'm so excited. Who knew hatching eggs could be so hard and so stressful. After all my confusion, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have figured it out at last.

I did happen to see 1 of the eggs move a little but not much until we saw the pip and then you could hear it peeping I have to say for the first time hatching I think we did ok good luck with yours to and make sure you post pic's here is a pic of mine

Here is hoping for success this go around. i also have 2 eggs pipped this my first time ever hatching and i am so worried about mine my hatch date id 5/12 but since I noticed the pip not much progress

Thank you, wishing you luck with yours too. I hear a little bit of chirping coming from mine but I haven't noticed any more progress. Just gonna give them time. :D

Thank you I am so excited can't wait i thought I heard some noise in my but not sure wishful thinking

Back
Top Bottom