Finally after 7 months, one of EE's starts working. PICTURE

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Crippledturkey, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    Well most of the hens have been laying for 2 months now, except for the EE's. My dad went out to the coup to visit the chickens the other day and he came up to me and was all like one of your bearded chickens is on a nest. So I go out there and this one was comfy on a nest and as I approached she ran away and a brown egg was under her. I looked at he and told her if that was hers she would meet the crock pot. Today I go out there and she is on the nest, and I approach her and she lets out that little scream they do and she lets me pet her so I know she is laying. I leave, and come back a bit later and remind her of the crock pot she lets out one single verse of the egg song, bok, bok, BAAAAK stands up and runs out of the coup. THis is what I find, it is the on in the middle of course. 5 more EE's need to start now, and I about gave up on em, so this gives me hope.

[​IMG]

So of course I had to call people and show it off to egg buyers and the people painting the shop and coop, lol.[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  2. kuntrychick

kuntrychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Alabama
    BEAUTIFUL! So fun to get that "first egg"!! [​IMG] I guess she had just went to the nest that had the brown egg in it gonna it there.

Or....

Maybe...just maybe u threatening her about the crock pot made her lay the green egg...LOL

3. Crippledturkey

Crippledturkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Poplar Bluff, Mo
    I think she was just practicing on the brown egg, and took my threat as a promise to make her go and lay a green one as quick as she could. LOL. I am a scary dude in reality but the girls know I am a teddy bear, would not put any of them in a crock pot, unless they laid a white egg.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by