Finally! An abundance of eggs :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by GracefulBantams, Feb 11, 2008.

1. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    After the girls being rude and going on strike for a couple of months [​IMG] I am finally getting eggs from almost all of them.
    Besides all the LF eggs, I now have 11 Bantam eggs and 2 Duck eggs all ready to go in the incubator just as soon as I get its temperature regulated [​IMG]
    The Bantam eggs were saved up from Thursday to today, but the Ducks just started today (or yesterday). I am really glad because I thought I wouldn't be getting any Easter ducklings!

2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    Ours outside are picking up a bit again too. I can't wait to go out and get a basket full of beautiful eggs.

3. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Oh, don't you just love that feeling! It makes me want to put on overalls and stick a piece of hay in my mouth [​IMG]

4. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I got 64 saturday and 55 today.[​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I have 47 eggs.............. [​IMG] Not sure weather to laugh or cry at this point - thats WAY too much for us.... my hubby is taking a doz to work tomorrow. And that will be our last carton gone till my order for more arrives.

6. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I lost about 10 large nice ones this evening while getting eggs out of the nests.A pested rooster was chasing a hen and ran over my basket and broke several.Needless to say they didn't get to eat them cause I was so mad I gave them to another pen to eat.:mad:

7. Bantymama

Bantymama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    MN
    I got 1 today. They slow down when we get below zero.

8. scgamecock

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    No thank you.Today it was only in the low 50's but since last Wednesday it's been in the 70's and actually 80 Thursday.

9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Still none here from my one who still lays. But it's really cold again. Just have to say what a lovely phrase that is, "an abundance of eggs"
    That will be me in a year I hope!

10. GracefulBantams

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Scgamecock and Wildsky, wow congrats you two [​IMG]

Henrietta23, thanks [​IMG] I'm sure you will have eggs in no time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by