FINALLY an update about the gingerbread man!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, May 14, 2009.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Yeesh!!! Y'all remember this project of my daughter's??

Well, Finally! I got to see ALL of the post cards!!!! She got 37 postcards and a gift from England!!

I am SO sorry it took so long to say thank you to you all. For some reason (maybe because Jess got more cards than anybody else?? [​IMG] ) the teacher did not give them back until today - open house......

But, we had a good time with them and I LOVE how creative you wonderful people are!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Chicken People Rule!!! [​IMG] Jess says the kid who got the next most cards only got about 5! [​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Wonderful! Thanks for the update!

They had fun and so did we!

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Saw YOUR card Terrilacy Thanks!!!

4. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    What was the project for those of us just seeing it now?? [​IMG]

5. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Yeah........................ now when is the next one.....[​IMG]

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Like where's the info on the next one ???????????? Sharonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn [​IMG]

7. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    [​IMG] Yay!! Thanks for the update!!!

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

The gingerbread men from her daughter's school got loose and went on the run. The BYC folks sent postcards from all over back to her daughter's school telling about the adventures of each gingerbread man.

It was a ball!!!!

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Yeesh!!! Y'all remember this project of my daughter's??

Well, Finally! I got to see ALL of the post cards!!!! She got 37 postcards and a gift from England!!

I am SO sorry it took so long to say thank you to you all. For some reason (maybe because Jess got more cards than anybody else?? [​IMG] ) the teacher did not give them back until today - open house......

But, we had a good time with them and I LOVE how creative you wonderful people are!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Chicken People Rule!!! [​IMG] Jess says the kid who got the next most cards only got about 5! [​IMG]

I would venture a guess that the teacher kept them on purpose to see your face when you got the "stack" of postcards! How cool!!!​

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    I saw the teacher at the school last night and she said Jessica got 37 cards and a package and the next kid got 8 cards! She said she wasn't sure how to handle it and so let it get slipped through the cracks of other projects. [​IMG]

It's all good though, Jess is thrilled. We sat and read and reread each and everyone last night (she still believes the gingerbread man is out there! [​IMG] )
    she was very sad about the story where he was crying on a school bus, but she loved hearing about him throwing snowballs in california!

I homeschool over the summer, so we are going to do the whole geography project ourselves this summer.

Anyway, one card said that he had stayed at a gingerbread house and showed other gingerbread men in front of the house.... so we all began to make up tales of what happened to him and how he met other gingerbread people and maybe got married and settled down to make gingersnaps!! [​IMG]

It was and is all great fun and truly appreciate you all!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by