Finally!!! Baby Chicks!

moniquem

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 3, 2013
washington
I got 5 baby chicks! From left to right: SS, Dark EE, BA, BR and light EE. Poor things are exhausted I put them under the MHP and they all fell asleep....:celebrate

29570686_1851101414900681_1808350863899341461_n.jpg
29511938_1851101461567343_4242309323703824241_n.jpg

Is it normal for baby chicks to sleep for 3 hours in a row? 3 of them woke up to eat and poo but I havent seen the other 2 come out from under the MHP.

Is it normal for baby chicks to sleep for 3 hours in a row? 3 of them woke up to eat and poo but I havent seen the other 2 come out from under the MHP.

I would check on them, but they might. It looks like you could raise that a little bit in the front. The opening doesn't look very wide either, I would be worried the ones in the back could get trapped in there. Maybe it's just the way it looks though.

I would check on them, but they might. It looks like you could raise that a little bit in the front. The opening doesn't look very wide either, I would be worried the ones in the back could get trapped in there. Maybe it's just the way it looks though.

I did end up raising the front a bit. They actually are all running around eating, pooing and sort of drinking, I have to keep showing them where the water is.

The SS seems really itchy. She keeps running back and forth itching her head on the top of the MHP? Maybe this is normal, mimicking what chicks do under mamma? None of the other chicks are doing it so??

I'm also watching for dirty poo butts.

Turned off the light at around midnight, not a peep out of anyone until this morning, I'll take that as a good sign of contentment.

Everyone still eating, drinking, pooing and not pooey butts. I have to say that little SS is PUSHY! Trying to assert top of order is hilarious and she is the smallest of all of them. My favorites are a toss up between the BA and the lighter EE, those two are so sweet! The BR and BA are always sticking together, I may end up calling them Thelma and Louise.

Thats the overnight update!

Back
Top Bottom