Finally caught my Coon

you can eat it...

here's how i do mine:

Well the easy part is done, the coon is in my trap. I saw in the trap on my way out the door. I put him in a safe place, out of the rain to await sentencing when I get home.
Im happy that my girls are safe again, but sad about what comes next. Ive never enjoyed killing something that Im not going to eat.

kill it. there are way too many of those things spread all across the country.

if no one sees you do it, local freedom-robbing rules and regulations don't apply.

.22LR always works well here, but you may be in the city and not have a suppressor and sub-sonic ammo.

if you have a pond, lake, or pool on your property just tie a line onto the trap and put it underwater for 5 minutes.

if there's nowhere to dump the carcass just wrap it up in a garbage bag and find a dumpster or drop it off in a refuse barrell at the closest gas station/convenience store.

good luck.

you can eat it...

here's how i do mine:

kill it. there are way too many of those things spread all across the country.

if no one sees you do it, local freedom-robbing rules and regulations don't apply.

.22LR always works well here, but you may be in the city and not have a suppressor and sub-sonic ammo.

if you have a pond, lake, or pool on your property just tie a line onto the trap and put it underwater for 5 minutes.

if there's nowhere to dump the carcass just wrap it up in a garbage bag and find a dumpster or drop it off in a refuse barrell at the closest gas station/convenience store.

good luck.
Thanks! I did not know people actually eat them.
*Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not have to kill him, release in a forest preserve as far away from your home as possible.
To relocate is illogical and only giving you a day or so of relief. They do look cute up close, and seem to pose no harm, but they know where easy food lives, and it is at your coops... don't keep it in the trap all day. Dispatch and bury with speed. No fun or love for this chore, but if moved it will return, and when it returns ..... well it won't look so cute....

To relocate is illogical and only giving you a day or so of relief. They do look cute up close, and seem to pose no harm, but they know where easy food lives, and it is at your coops... don't keep it in the trap all day. Dispatch and bury with speed. No fun or love for this chore, but if moved it will return, and when it returns ..... well it won't look so cute....
bury it...

i laughed.

I knew a guy once who was really into feeding birds in his backyard. He would shoot with a crossbow neighbors' cats that came into his yard to eat the birds. I was naive back then and wasn't into cats, but if then was now I would inform every neighbor what he was doing.

Silent, deadly. Would definitely work on a coon.

I knew a guy once who was really into feeding birds in his backyard. He would shoot with a crossbow neighbors' cats that came into his yard to eat the birds. I was naive back then and wasn't into cats, but if then was now I would inform every neighbor what he was doing.

Silent, deadly. Would definitely work on a coon.

chickens will eat cat meat? huh, that changes everything...

Back
Top Bottom