1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally caught the stray Min Pin - new pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ruth, Aug 24, 2008.

1. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    About two weeks ago we first noticed her. She was down by road in front of our house. Since then we've tried to catch her a couple of times but she barked at us and growled at us and took off running. So I started putting food down the driveway by the culvert I was sure she was living under. I guess today got the better of her. It's been storming here all day and she finally came on porch, shivering uncontrollably. We were finally able to catch her though she was charging at us and barking and growling and looking like a rapid dog. Got her in the house and she instantly became a changed dog. Started licking our faces and wagging tail. She was covered in huge ticks but is now all cleaned up and living inside and following us around and begging to be picked up and held.

We've named her Prissy.

Isn't it just so sad that someone would dump a precious dog like this. Sad thing is that I know this won't be the first since we live in the country and we've been warned that everyone will dump their animals here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

OHHH! She's so cute! Thanks for rescuing her!

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    She is a cutie and I bet she is very happy to be inside now. I love min pins and I have a male named Outlaw.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    aww!..i LOVE Min-Pin's!..i had one....She was an awesome dog...always wanted to be in our lap....i'm so glad you saved her..thanks alot..Wendy

5. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    She is such a sweetie. I can't believe this is the same dog that has held us a bay for two weeks. She's skin and bones and I've had to apply neosporin to her tick wounds but otherwise she looks so healthy and happy to be inside.

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Thank you so much for rescuing her!

I have a Miniature Pinscher named Roxy. She is the best dog I have ever had.

Are you going to keep her? Trust me, you wont regret it. Miniature PInschers are such loveable dogs.

7. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    What a cutie pie! That was one of the breeds we'd considered when getting another dog. We didn't because they are said to have super duper high energy. I hope it's simply a case of her getting out and lost and not that she was abandoned. I know there are lots in shelters, though b/c people don't do research before getting one and then get overwhelmed with their...ummm...enthusiasticly...spastic [​IMG] personalities.

8. vicky

vicky Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    ohhh!! That's so sweet.

The first pic in the bathtub is gorgeous.... sad at the same time but so cute!

Good work on saving her!

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Are you going to keep her? I sure would [​IMG] I told my husband i wish someone would drop off a dog like that here.........he said no they just drop off stinky cats [​IMG] I love prissy [​IMG]

10. beefy

beefy Flamingo Daddy-o

Apr 21, 2007
    South Georgia
    From rags to riches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by