Finally caught the Turd!

Fisherlmiranda

Songster
Feb 25, 2018
Morrow, Ohio
Well I finally caught two of the turds:wootOver the course of the last few months we have had 3 ducks killed by snappers. Yesterday we had one grabbed and it took his foot off. I'd had enough. I told my husband we are getting this turd! The duck got away and died on the bank, we dressed it out. Made a string of jugs and put the duck meat on it. And tossed it in the water at 8pm. We went and put our 3 littles to bed and then went and grabbed some chairs and went to stakeout. At 9:30 we watch the first one walk up and take the bait. Oh man it was on! We caught 3. The last one got off the hook and went back in as we were pulling it up on the bank. But we will get him. We had a blast it was a little hillbilly :yadate night. The snappers are about 12x14 across the shell. Good size, and there fate is my kitchen:mad:!
Success is sweet :yesss: heres the first turd
20180815_214143.jpg
the second turd
20180815_215637.jpg
the turd that got away
20180815_230509.jpg
and the two turds we caught in the stock tank awaiting there grim fait:drool
20180815_230219.jpg

So sorry you lost another duck to these predators. Glad you got these hoping you get the other or others. Keep them out of the pond till you do.

I know, it's so hard keeping them out of the pond. I've tried a few differen ways. Were gonna keep fishing for them for a few days and just keep the ducks pinned up for a few days. I hate to do it any longer. They love to just free rang.

Back
Top Bottom