Finally Chickens!

Terrie Mac

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 17, 2011
I’ve been begging, pleading, and nagging my husband for years about getting chickens, well on mother’s day he finally granted my wish (I think letting him put a bee hive out on our bedroom balcony helped my cause).
wink.png

Since mother’s day he has been building a structurally sound earthquake-proof coop on wheels, and he’s been loving it!

Yesterday our chicks arrived, two of each: Barred Rock, Buff Orpington, and Rhode Island Red. Although our coop will only accommodate 4-5 comfortably we were advised to get extra just in case we lose a couple. Chances are they’ll all survive because my husband has become the surrogate hen, I barely get alone time with them! He got up twice last night to check on them and me only once. He has two thermometers to read the temperature, one works remotely so he can keep track in his office!

Hope they are not too young to jump and climb ‘cause he rigged a mini obstacle course for them to play on… and boy do they. And then they pass out from exhaustion.

Yes, we’re having fun and I’m thankful to finally have chickens and such a helpful spouse alongside.

92140_check_temp.jpg

Just where can i find one of those helpful and handy spouses?

A quote from the Red Green show goes loke this." if woman cant find ya handsome...they can at least find ya handy"

frow.gif
from Maine

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom