Finally chicks arrived today!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rgraf, Aug 4, 2011.

1. rgraf

rgraf Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    After another nearly sleepless night, my chicks arrived this morning! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I split an order with a friend and we were'nt completely sure which chicks were what [​IMG] I'm supposed to have 2 black austrolorp, 2 red star, 2 buff orpington, 2 easter eggers. Is that what it looks like or can you tell. The pictures aren't that great.

Thanks

2. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    I see two Black Australorps, at least one Easter Egger and one Buff Orpington. The rest look like Red Stars to me (in the lower pic. The upper pic looks like there could be 2 BO's), although Buff Orpingtons can vary a little and EE's can be anything. EE's usually have a pea comb, whereas Red Stars should have single combs. Do any of the little orangeish chicks have a pea comb?

3. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    sooooo cute congrats!!!!!

4. rgraf

rgraf Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    I'll try to get better pictures after they have settled in a bit more. They've been eating, drinking, and now I think they're ready for a nap. I was pretty sure I had the black austrolorps right, but my friend ordered silver marans and after looking at the pictures on the mpc website, they are very similar to the ba. We can swap them out if we think we got it wrong. I'll look closer at their combs, I think the yellow one may be an ee. I've never had chicks before so I'm not familiar with comb types

5. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    Quote:Congratulations! I am glad they arrived safely. It looks like you have the right chicks. Enjoy! [​IMG]

6. rgraf

rgraf Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Here is what I think they are [​IMG]

2 Red Stars

[​IMG]

2 Buff Orpingtons

[​IMG]

Easter Egger #1?

[​IMG]

Easter Egger #2?

Black Austrolorps