Finally Day 19

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KKluckers, Nov 12, 2007.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I have 3 Blue Orpington eggs and 11 sassy silkie eggs make it to the hatcher. Temps have held between 99.5-100.0 through out. Had problems with the humidity for the first week, but the air cells look perfect. I thought this wouldnt be so nerve racking this time, but it is. [​IMG] I hope they hatch.

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

How exciting, Christina!! Good luck with your hatch!!!

3. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] come on little babies!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You still want those Blue Orps next week, right, Christina? Cross your fingers that my girls continue to lay as well as they have so far.

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Yes, Yes and YES!!!!! I'm trying to hatch out enough Orps to replace my laying flock right now. I need like 30 pullets. I think I might have 10 so lots more hatching for me. I sent out the payment Friday or maybe it was Saturday cant remember for sure lol. Hope for pullets from Julies eggs. [​IMG] My luck I will get roos lol. I'm going to have a hard time getting rid of all those roos. Decisions, decisions.....

6. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Yeay Christina!
    My silkies are finally hatching, I got one blue Saturday, one buff this AM but I think its blue, egg must of been marked wrong, and helped out 2 other buffs and there is one more buff trying to hatch.
    I stop turning the other eggs tuesday then I hope I can shut things down for a bit.

My BQ pen was WIDE open this early afternoon thanks to the wind and I only lost 2, but I retrieved one, I really hope the other gets found as she was really pretty and the only silver pearl I had.

Talk soon
    xoxo

7. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    I sure hope they hatch. If you lived closer I would give you a few pullets. I am going to start hatching in Jan on Orps. My Mottled seemed a litttle under the weather today. I put him in a isolation pen and started him on Terramycin. I have such plans for him so I am praying he is better by morning.

8. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Oh, and BTW you can expect those silkies to start hatching before the Orps. That has always been my experience when I had the two breeds in the hatcher.

9. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Julie- I hope your rooster is ok. Poor thing. Its always the ones you have plans for. At least with me that is how it works. I wish you did live closer, I would love some pullets. Guess I will just have to wait till spring to get more eggs. [​IMG]

Terra- I hope you find your BQ. they are so cute. Congrats on the silkies. I cant wiat for mine. i just hope the power doesnt go out. The wind is blowing pretty good over here. Yikes!

10. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Day 20. I hate this part....I came home from class and nothing, no pips, nothing. I will just hope by tomorrow I will have something. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by