1. zstewart123

zstewart123 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2012
    St Amant ,Louisiana
    Good God!! I thought it was never going to be done, but the coop is complete!! I haven't done that much manual labor in years. After hauling pea gravel and sand my back is aching!! But the chickens are happy and that makes it all worth while. Plus it was a great time being with the kids. My girl learned how to use a drill and the boy used a Skill saw and chainsaw for the first time. I'll post pics when I get home.

2. zstewart123

Jan 30, 2012
    St Amant ,Louisiana
    Ok I forgot the reason for my post. I need help with getting the chicks up and down the ramp into the coop. Any suggestions?

3. TaylorHobbyFarms

TaylorHobbyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Congratulations! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Raising chickens can be a lot of work, but so far for us, it has been all worth it.

4. mtnhens4

mtnhens4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Western NC
    Congratulations on getting it done! Do you have cross boards on the ramp? most people do that or screw small branches on the ramp that the chicks use as a ladder. It takes a few days for them to get the hang of their new home, chickens are afraid of anything new so give them time. I can't wait for pictures[​IMG]

5. beefmaster

beefmaster Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2012
    congrats on getting your new henhouse completed.

6. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    when i put mine out i put little pieces of bread on the ramp. but they'd prob figure it out sooner or later on their own.

7. zstewart123

Jan 30, 2012
    St Amant ,Louisiana
    Good idea with the bread, i was thinking of using mealworms or crickets since they love them so much. I think I have some stale bread lying around I can use.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by