Finally...eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TEXASSCENT, Nov 11, 2011.

1. TEXASSCENT

TEXASSCENT Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    Yea!!!my 6 Rir's Are Finally All Laying. I Had To Threaten Them With "swimming With Dumplings" But They Did It.

2. ambrosia

ambrosia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    Sweet! I'm sooo jealous [​IMG] My girls have yet to start... they are squatting for me, but alas, not a single egg yet [​IMG] Can I ask how old your RIR are...?

3. erinszoo

erinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    North Central Oklahoma
    [​IMG] Congrats! My reds are still too little to lay ... how old are they? I've heard RIR's take longer to lay than some others.

4. TEXASSCENT

TEXASSCENT Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2011
    The Ladies Are Just Shy Of 26 Weeks. They Squatted For Several Weeks Before Laying. I Am So Proud Of Them. Ps...they Dont Know They Are Chickens...lol

5. Hobiedog

Hobiedog Out Of The Brooder

Nov 11, 2011
    Lowell, MI
    I'm with you on that threat. Might rename some of my chickens 'STEW'. One maybe two of my EEs just started laying. I got them in May as chicks it's been a long wait. Either my Welsummers started to lay again (they must have thought they were on vacation) or I have a Black Copper Marans that just started. I can hardly wait to see who is doing what?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by