1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally finished my coop page, come take a look...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 6littlechickies, Nov 22, 2009.

1. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Just finished my coop page, wanted to share with everyone. https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=31148-dream-coop

Still have lots of work to do inside and out but we are just about ready for winter. Everyone has been moved and are starting to settle in. Hoping all our inhabitants like their new palace!

As with most projects, this started to take on a life of its own. We went from a poorly constructed 8x10 coop to a GInormous 16x32 barn!!!

I've detailed our progress on our page, quite an undertaking but I'm so proud of how it turned out! I'd really like to hear any suggestions anyone has. Having looked at this for days straight now I feel like I might be missing something but am overlooking it. I would like to change the background color but can't seem to get it? I tried typing in the code for the color I using the background color icon but it isnt' taking. If anyone has changed the background color of a page and knows how, please enlighten me. [​IMG]

2. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    WOW!!!
    Just gorgeous. I love the story about your grandparents barn as inspiration.
    Just beautiful.
    Where did you purchase the pre-fab barn? Great idea!

3. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    thanks mediazeal! We purchased the barn from Alpine Structures. They are an Ohio based company, small and very, very nice to work with. I'd recommend them! They seemed a little confused at first on what we wanted and why (but didn't question us). Once they were here they totally understood! lol.

4. PandoraTaylor

PandoraTaylor RT Poultry n Things

Jun 29, 2009
    Alaska
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Very Nice .....
    I wish I had one!

be sure to post more pictures and a cost brake down.

of course where I live it will probably cost 3x as much! lol

I think you will be very happy with it. (I know I would be)[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. SC_Hugh

SC_Hugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    Santa Cruz, CA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] That coop/barn is awesome! [​IMG]

Be sure to include a picture of this winter's snow cover with footprints leading over to the barn.

Congrats, it is beautiful!

--Hugh

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  6. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    OMG!!!!
    How beautiful! I am so jealous!

7. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im jealous!!!! hope all the chickens are happy!!! ANd i bet they are!! its also very pleasing to the eye![​IMG]

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I am totally green with envy.

God bless you!

9. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    [​IMG]

Amazing! I'm far too lazy to try something even remotely like that. [​IMG]

Good job! I wish my chickens had that kind of luxury!

[​IMG]

10. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by