1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally finished! Thanks for all the great ideas! Pics included

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stcroixusvi, Jul 17, 2011.

1. stcroixusvi

stcroixusvi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    We finally finished topping the run. Started mid-May breaking ground for the coop. Took twice as long and cost twice as much as planned, but happy with the results, and we have happy chickens. I can't thank this forum enough for such great ideas and ways to make sure the place is predator proof.

I've posted the history of our building:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=90403-coop

[​IMG]

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy looks very nice. I wish I had the money,help to have worked a top around my trees like you did...I had to go with fishing line and make sure they are locked up tight at night. [​IMG]

3. stcroixusvi

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    Quote:They still have to be locked up tight at night. We are right in the woods with every predator waiting. I didn't dare leave them out unattended before we put up the wire roof.

4. kichohana

kichohana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Johnston County, NC
    love the natural roost! mine started out looking like that until they ate all the moss and lichen off the branches! [​IMG]

5. savingpurple

savingpurple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Ohio
    I just love the all lined up on a branch look !! Mine do it too:) Grest pics, and job!!!

6. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    Wow, looks nice and the tree in the center really makes it. Job well done!

7. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    Really Gorgeous! The hen house is beautiful and the run is so "natural". Lucky little chickens!!

8. 1 hen and 1 roo

1 hen and 1 roo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Ouachita Mountains
    That is so cool! Natural looking Sanctuary for Chickens. They look like they are enjoying it for sure.

9. stcroixusvi

May 5, 2011
    Western NC
    My Coop
    Thanks everyone, it's been such a treat to see them, and finally let them out first thing in the morning. Our rooster is crowing, albeit a short UR UR UR. Very funny. Wish I had done this years ago!

10. ll

ll Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow it turned out fabulous ~ I remember reading one of your threads when you were deciding which windows to open.
    It really is fantastic! I love the roof, and the colorful touches hidden inside.
    Nice introduction method - slide the brooder right in.
    Aww @ your white chicken with the hair, so cute. [​IMG]
    I also smiled when I saw each chair situated to be facing the run [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by