Finally get to do my FIRST EGG post!!!

RebelEgger

Free Ranging
May 10, 2020
Chester, Nova Scotia
My Coop
My Coop
Our EE will be 30 weeks on Sunday and we FINALLY got our first egg today.
My husband let the birds out this morning and I went to run errands so I didn’t check in on them until this afternoon. I was n scooping out the poop board and I glanced at the nest boxes (like I always do!) expecting to see nothing but the straw was all dug out and I saw a little green egg!!! I launched out of the coop and ran into my mother in laws kitchen (we live right next door) and screamed I got my first egg lol I didn’t even stop to look at it before I was so excited. So she came out and was with for the opening of the nest box.
I don’t know which girl laid it for sure ,but I suspect Roberta. Her vent looks a little suspicious! But whoever laid it I am so proud!!!
0DF2166C-1E20-403A-9E2A-FB5DB4F5BBDE.jpeg
18D62571-507D-4A2B-8A0B-C3FBEF361643.jpeg
546936AD-4248-4960-8E1A-8007AC373CB6.jpeg
65C7D2A1-A656-4A7D-ADA3-F04804C365F0.jpeg

That’s a beautiful little egg too!! Did you save the shell of your first egg? I’m thinking of blowing it out and saving it
I did! It sits in a tissue-lined box with the shell of a tiny blue egg and a darker brown one. One was the (first) work of Vanilla, an EE, and the other the first work of Salt, my Dominique.

Our EE will be 30 weeks on Sunday and we FINALLY got our first egg today.
My husband let the birds out this morning and I went to run errands so I didn’t check in on them until this afternoon. I was n scooping out the poop board and I glanced at the nest boxes (like I always do!) expecting to see nothing but the straw was all dug out and I saw a little green egg!!! I launched out of the coop and ran into my mother in laws kitchen (we live right next door) and screamed I got my first egg lol I didn’t even stop to look at it before I was so excited. So she came out and was with for the opening of the nest box.
I don’t know which girl laid it for sure ,but I suspect Roberta. Her vent looks a little suspicious! But whoever laid it I am so proud!!!
View attachment 2436743View attachment 2436744View attachment 2436746View attachment 2436745
signs-.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom