Finally getting around to posting pics of my coop. Kinda pic heavy

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by xSlingsho66, Jul 16, 2011.

1. xSlingsho66

xSlingsho66 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Pulled this shed outa a investment property we baught, decided to use it for my coop instead of building one from the ground up before and after attached

Before

[​IMG] And one of my chicken wranglers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] My other chicken wrangler
    [​IMG]

After

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There free range area

[​IMG]

Random Happy Chicken pic

[​IMG]

2. MKingsolver

MKingsolver Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Rainy Western WA
    Very cool, love the color! Looks like your chickens are very happy [​IMG]

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Is that a springer spaniel? If so how do they do with the birds?

4. LittleDarlings

LittleDarlings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Madison, GA
    I LOVE it!! That is EXACTLY the kind of thing I was thinking of! I sooooo really want a little red barn...lol Great job!!

5. xSlingsho66

xSlingsho66 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2011
    Yes shes a springer spaniel and hes a mutt, hes her puppy but the daddy was a english pointer so hes 1/2 and 1/2 there both really good with the chickens, used to hunt them both, had to "swat" them both a couple times for trying to get the chickens, but now they leave them alone, ive left them both out with the chickens for 2-3 hours before with no bad coming from it, once they relized there pets, there ok with them, there both inside dogs so there not with them 24-7 but there with them 3-4 hours a day. only problem ive had is i caught the b+w one eating one of the eggs [​IMG] lol

6. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Very nice...Happy girls. [​IMG]

7. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Great looking coop [​IMG]

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:great set up!!! and Hey...If I could leave my cocker spaniel outside with my birds and he ate an egg from time to time-Id be in heaven. He has to be on a leash at all times or he'll kill my birds-my chihuahua...I've caught him curled up in the hay right next to a hen trying to lay an egg!

9. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I love your setup! My dogs are both hunting breeds as well (Labrador-guide dog in training and Golden Retriever) in addition to a half Jack Russell/Boston Terrier. With consistent training the dogs can do well with chickens. It's important that A. you were already in control of the dogs and B. the dogs recognize you as the leader of their pack. I LOVE Springers!

10. dirtychix

dirtychix Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Free range chix...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by