1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally getting Button Eggs!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Sumatra503, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    I am happy to report that I am finally getting Button eggs from the batch I hatched from Quail Lady. I now have two pairs from her and one extra male paired with one of my hens. I have a nice pile of eggs to set on Friday!

2. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Welcome to addiction! We've been expecting you! LOL

3. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome into this dark realm of the Quail Raiser's Addiction. Bet you can't stop at just one.

When I saw the first tiny Button emerge from that egg I was hooked for life on those Buttons. Let this be a warning to the rest of you, they will draw you in.

4. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    Whenever people ask if it's better to start with eggs or adults I always say eggs... it is just to much fun to watch that tiny baby emerge!

5. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    It is just way easier to get hooked on them when you see them as tiny babies.[​IMG]

I also enjoy their calls and the funny crowing and laughing that they do. They are just all around enjoyable and addicting. I'm definitely hooked.

[​IMG]
    They truly are tiny when compared to a quarter. Just thought I'd try hook another one.

6. jfulcher

jfulcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Tucson, AZ 85712
    Awe yay eggs!!!! I have my first clutch I am incubating atm. Buttons are soooo addictive!!!!!!!

7. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    The addiction to them stops pretty fast when you learn just how hard it is to keep a lot of them. You'll have cages scattered randomly around your house and won't be able to sell any of them.

I love my buttons, but I won't hatch them. I just don't have the space [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by