Finally Getting My Runners!!!!! *EXCITED*(pics added)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Jan 14, 2011.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    slackwater, another member from Southern Maryland and fellow Clarksburg Quacker adopter, is GIVING me 4 of her Metzers Indian Runners. She has 8 that are about 7 months old and has decided to only keep 4. I pick them up Saturday morning. 3 girls and a handsome boy. The girls are blue, black and fawn & white and the boy is chocolate. I'm so psyched! And the best part is, I get my Runners and I don't have to brood them!! Woo Hooo![​IMG] [​IMG]

You know I will post pictures as soon as they've settled. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations on your soon to be new babies.
    So what..you dont want to brood...you dont want a mess, a stink and to clean a brooder 100 times a day..you are taking the easy route [​IMG]
    OHHH but wait till you put your 1st eggs in the bator...then you can brood your own home bred babies [​IMG]

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Many blessings for you and your runners! I have ten - we got them as day-olds, and now they are eleven months old. Love'em!

4. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    I hatched some and brooded most of the 20 we have now and heck yeah I'd rather take the easy way out. [​IMG] I said I wouldn't brood again this year, ( yeah right) but wanted some runners soooooo bad I was going to do it anyway this spring. I lucked out that slackwater, who lives in the same county in Maryland that I do, wants to re-ome 4 of hers and thought of me. I pick them up in the morning!!!!!

Oh and have I mentioned that I'll be brooding some Metzer French Toulouse Geese this spring? It's a sickness I tell ya. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    I picked them up this morning. (Thank you slackwater!!) I love them! Oh and I didn't get the chocolate drake. I got a blue penciled. [​IMG]

Pics later. I have them in the newbie area. All the other ducks are hanging around it checking them out and the runners look like they really want to be out with them. I'll keep telling them thats its only for a few days until everyone gets to know each other and then they can join the flock.

Can you tell I'm excited? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. gofasterstripe

Congrats [​IMG]
    We are all excited with you, were all up in arms waiting for photos...you know you can post that your getting ducks and then keep us all hanging on waiting. [​IMG]

7. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats ~~~~ Ive heard u talk about wanting Runners... I want some someday toooo.. they sound gorgeous. !!

8. faykokoWV

faykokoWV Mrs Fancy Plants

Nov 4, 2008
    Cross Lanes, WV
    congrats, you're gonna have many amusing hours watching them

9. MysticalMom

Jul 1, 2009
    Here are the pics as promised. My 6 month old runners from slackwater via Metzers. They aren't real happy about being in the newbie pen. They really want to be with the rest of the flock and I have to reassure them the newbie pen is only temporary. The little fawn and white girl was has her eye on my pekin drake already. She was bobbing her head at him when he came to check her out this morning. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gofasterstripe

[​IMG] Beautiful ducks. Thanks for sharing photos with us all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by