Finally got caught !!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Guinea Goonie, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Well, the dear wife finally figured out my last hidding place fot the egg hatching. She went into the barn and saw how many eggs the bantam girls were sitting on. "Did you know about this Mr. ?!" was the question I had to answer. I just bowed my head and siad "yes" in a little boy tone. The leghorns and who ever else had been laying in the boxes while the bantam girls were off eating and drinking. Well, of course I knew about this, I feed the chickens and put them away. My last hope for being a "hatch-a-holic" (as one person has stated on this forum) has been dashed. My wife told me she was talking with another and stated she has to be firm and not enable me any more. "I refuse to be a co-dependent " was her statement.

Well today she told me to fire up the incubator and take all the eggs from the bantam girls and put them in it. By the way she said, put those cochin eggs I have in the bowl on the coounter in while you are at it. Oh, how this desease works. It is a Glorious day, if not perhaps the last of these days for a "hatch-a-holic".

One note though. She has been threatening to go to "chicken Al-Anon", were one learns to live with a problem hatcher.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    ROTFLMAO!!!!

And you thought you would get away with this? What would she have said to dozens of chicks running around the yard? hahahaha

Us womens ain't slow. [​IMG]

3. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I bet she loves the little chicks running around outside. How can she resist them. [​IMG]

4. Ladyhawke1

Ladyhawke1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You are not the only one in trouble buddy.

Today I am shopping for a small incubator. I keep saying to myself…”You need your head examined. [​IMG]

I live in the burbs and I think people here would not know a chicken if it up and clucked at them. [​IMG]

Therefore, I am going to try to hatch Silkies and tell the neighbors that they are rabbits. They will never know the difference. Eh! [​IMG]

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Oh how I wish you could talk some "hatching sense" into my dh!!!

You need this button I made for Nifty for BYC:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  6. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. hnbubz

hnbubz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Quote:You are not the only one in trouble buddy.

Today I am shopping for a small incubator. I keep saying to myself…”You need your head examined. [​IMG]

I live in the burbs and I think people here would not know a chicken if it up and clucked at them. [​IMG]

Therefore, I am going to try to hatch Silkies and tell the neighbors that they are rabbits. They will never know the difference. Eh! [​IMG]

[​IMG] lmao! good plan! i might have to do that too ... hmmm

8. Heather J

Heather J Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    I prefer referring to them as rare African ground parrots. With the blue beak and ears and fluffy heads, they're close enough .lol Of course, all of my neighbors know I have chickens, so it's not like I have to hide the fact. Not letting them know how *many* I have is another question.

9. VettekLisa

VettekLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2008
    Hale, Missouri
    Quote:LOL! You're not the only one. I figured if my neighbors ever saw mine, I could tell them they were a rare breed of parrot.

I showed some Silkie pictures to my coworkers and they all thought that they were poodles!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by