Finally got my goslings!! PIC Heavy!!!

lil'chickies

Songster
10 Years
Mar 2, 2009
West Texas
So I finally went and bought some yesterday! These little cuties are not cheap or small for 3 days old!! The last pic will show one next to one of my 2-3 week old ducklings. Big difference! They already honk at you and are very sociable! So exciting. Can anyone help i.d. what kind I ended up with.

One of two with black stripes on their bills. This one shows the markings really well. It's a talker.
24066_img_0353.jpg

This is the same one standing tall.
24066_img_0355.jpg

These are the two with striped bills. One is a lot darker yellow than the other. Boy and girl maybe??
24066_img_0356.jpg

This one is all yellow. I'm pretty sure a Chinese of some kind.
24066_img_0362.jpg

Here's the yellow one next to my biggest duckling. Major difference. Yes, the geese are talkers!!
24066_img_0364.jpg

I don't have a pic of the 4th one. It's got much lighter markings like the first two but without the stripe on the bill either. Any ideas?? I'm in love with them either way!!
love.gif

Enjoy my pics!! So excited to have them!!
clap.gif

Could the ones that may be toulouse be male female based on the lighter color of yellow or the lack of a stripe across bill? I figured a chinese when I saw the picture on the computer. You can really tell by the bill's shape! How soon can you tell gender??

if the geese are all the same breed, the two darker ones are female, and the other is male.... as for the yellow one, maybe a male chinese??

they are all adorable though

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom