Finally got my hands on some call ducks..

MillersFarm

Easily distracted by Chickens
5 Years
Jun 3, 2016
Lewiston NY
I just happened to go into a local feed store I don't normally buy feed at and bam! A flyer advertising grey call ducks! Called the man as soon as I got home and he picked up saying he still had some available :celebrate Now i'm a big fan of ducks and have Always wanted some call ducks in my flock so I couldn't just pass it up. All are fully grown but aren't laying yet.. They were $10 each which was mind blowing.. I've seen hatching eggs more expensive than that! SO I went and bought 6 beautiful lil' duckies. 4 hens and 2 drakes. All are Very skittish but in good health.. I've had them for about 2 weeks now and just moved them into the 'Introduction pen' Which allows my other ducks to start talking to them without any fights. I'm very happy with my calls and plan on hatching quite the lot of them this spring.. So for all of those Call experts I need your advice on breeding them. I would like to breed them for the looks, I'm not expecting these guy to be the best of quality but to be honest I know almost nothing when It comes to call ducks.
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG

(I'll be posting some clearer picture tomorrow afternoon but for now this is all i have of them)

These are all grey calls and I believe they hatched in august.. Oh and another thing if you're a call duck breeder who ships eggs out where i'm at don't be afraid to let me know ;)

:yaTheir beautiful!!!

I’m so happy you were able to find them!!! I would love to see more pictures of them when you have the chance :love

-Justin
So am I. I'l definitely try and get some more pictures of them tomorrow, their wings are a bit messy since I had just clipped them, never thought something so simple could be so hard! :barnie

Congrats, they're beautiful!
They are gorgeous~ i'm very satified with their size as well.

Aren't they? They'd be much cuter if they weren't so skittish.

Thank you!
In due time they will love your company...My new Call Drake had lived on a Pond with not much human interaction and now lays at our feet..Patience and letting them come to you is key..Congrats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom