FINALLY got my order in to CACKLE, now more waiting.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kycowgirl78, Apr 28, 2009.

1. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    So I have been trying to get ahold of Cackle Hatchery to place an order for chicks and two turkeys. Should be simple enough. I was told not to order online if I wanted the chicks anytime soon or else I'd be waiting for half the summer. I call and call and call, always busy. About the 200th time today I hit redial, I amazingly DON'T get a busy signal. Then more problems, they are out of one of the breeds I wanted and there is a LONG wait on the 2 turkeys. Not sure what to do with my fiancee at work I made 2 orders. A little less on the first order that the original 32 but had to order 10 more on the 2nd order to make up for the minimum number required to order with the 2 turkeys. Oh what a pain! So I have a 6 wk wait [​IMG] on the 1st order and an 8 wk wait [​IMG] on the 2nd order. On top of that my fiancee is upset cause we went $80 over the original total we thought we were gonna spend because instead of ordering more birds that I would like that would be cheaper I bought more birds he would like since they were all out of his first choice. [​IMG] I can't win!!! Ever have those split second decisions where you're put on the spot and you don't know what to do? I was so there!!!![​IMG]

2. farmgirljen

farmgirljen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Corvallis Oregon
    Wow- I did an online order and got my order shipped within 3 weeks of placing it... I plan on ordering from them again soon...

3. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I ordered on line but made a follow up call. I won't do it online again because of the delay. I also will make my order earlier in the year next year cause I still don't know how long I have to wait. They haven't processed my online order yet!! [​IMG]

I think the wait would be the same no matter where you called this time of year.

4. kycowgirl78

kycowgirl78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Morgantown, Ky
    Yeah they said ppl start calling months in advanced and once the weather breaks, it's non stop with the orders. I didn't order online because I had already heard if I ordered online it would take longer. Longer than 6 wks? They consider that a resonable waiting period? Now if I just don't a delay. I'm gonna scream if so. The only reason I placed two orders to begin with was because they told me I'd have to wait until July on the turkeys and then to find out I still have to wait 6 wks for my chicks and then the next order is only 2 wks behind it. I could have saved $100 by waiting two more weeks and getting it all at one time, just figured I could get my chicks in a couple weeks, not 6!!! [​IMG] Wasn't very happy, they had BETTER be worth it. If don't received great birds may not order from them again next time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by