Finally got my Purina Feed...

Rozzie

Songster
9 Years
Jul 14, 2010
or rather, I have it on order.

I never saw such trouble trying to buy something that should be easy to find.
roll.png

The shop that is getting it for me initially told me they wouldn't order it. I called, asked if they stocked game bird feed. They said yes, and told me what they carried. I asked if it was medicated or nonmedicated. Blast, it was medicated. "Would your order nonmedicated game bird starter for me?" "No."

Had never been into this shop, but went in the other day to get something else that I "knew" from a friend they carried. Plus, it's a smaller feed store (edited to clarify-- I typed mill previously. They have mill in there name but no mill on site any longer) and close to me, so I wanted to check them out. This time, when I asked about non-medicated game bird feed the owner told me there WASN'T ANY SUCH THING. Uh, suuuuuuuuuure. After a patient explanation, I left my phone number and had a promise that they'd call back if they could get it.

10 minutes after I left the store I got called. Sure they can order it. How much do you want? Two bags are ordered. My plan is that every time one bag is nearly gone I'm ordering another. That way I have a bag back in case of a supply problem.
smile.png

Of course it turns out that they don't take plastic. How on earth do you do business in 2010 without taking debit cards????? Sigh....

Last edited:
Gongrats Rozzie! It'll Be Worth The Trouble...

As Far As No Plastic, I Started Buying It In Bulk From A Local Mill (they Use The Startrena Formula Exactly--- Same Feed But In A Grain Mash Rather Than Crumble). I Must Purchase 1000 + Lbs At A Time--- You Guessed It Cash And Carry
smile.png
Last Weekend I Got 1300 Lbs- Got An Extra 300 For Pascopal
smile.png

40 pounds are better for me. I can drag 40 pounds a short way...but couldn't even begin to move 100 pounds. I have a really bad back. I have (seriously) sprained it opening a door once, and lifting a coffee cup another time...

Last edited:
Quote:
I'd have to eat that grain & feed it to the cats & dog & rabbit, too, in order to buy 1000 pounds at a time.
wink.png

Quote:
Bet you have a truck to haul them. I can picture me trying to get them in and out of my subcompact car.
wink.png

It's a feed store, not a mill. They carry everything from science diet to wild bird feed to cattle food.

I don't think they actually mill anything themselves anymore.

I'm used to doing business with feed stores -- even smaller ones -- that take plastic. Did for years before I moved here. Again, these weren't feed mills, but feed stores.

Back
Top Bottom