finally got my quail

Aeonir

Chirping
Jul 7, 2019
today i finally picked up 5 quail, from a show breeder who has several gold medals with his quail.
5 different colors 8 to 12 weeks old, ringed and vaccinated (i guess vaccinating is mandatory on shows)

here's the quail, either the wild color or the yellow wild color has laid an egg during transport.

IMG_20190814_181402.jpg

this is what the entire cage looks like:

it has some rocks for them to climb, some plantes that have by now mostly been decimated and a shelter i shouldn't have painted white. (unfortunately the only color outdoor paint leftovers from work available) i'll probably make something else eventually.

IMG_20190814_175840.jpg

the temporary rain cover, my dad can get me a sheet of tent window plastic from work which is completely clear, which we'll staple on the cage.

IMG_20190814_181411.jpg

the bottle has a small cup with a floating switch, and since i don't have a hardware cloth bottom any seeds spilled out of the feeder will be eaten by others.

still looking for things to add to entertain them and keep them busy.

A bit of a late reply

I'm not sure what they are vaccinated for exactly but was both through a water treatment and a vapor treatment.

Not very fond of fake plants but luckily my local grocery store had blueberry bushes on sale, so i i bought 4 and put one in to see how pong it lasts. I'm hoping the quail won't bother with the top leaves so it might survive for a while. The other 3 bushes will be grown outside of the cage to get a bit bigger. I plan to keep 2 for berries and give them 1 more after growing it out some more.

Congrats on your new quail!

Do you know what they were vaccinated for?

Fake plants work really good in quail cages...they can't ruin them.
My quail love to hide under the fake plants.

Back
Top Bottom