Finally got my Saxony Ducklings!! :D

Gayle Ambrosini

Songster
6 Years
Apr 14, 2016
NW Indiana
I finally got my little Saxony Ducklings from Holderread. After not sending them the right shipping amount and having to cut another check, they finally arrived today. :)
I had to order ten when I really only wanted 3 or 4, they shipped me 2 extra (very nice of them), one died in transit so now I have 11.
Two of them were very weak and I was certain they'd die before I could get them to eat, but after a little honey/water/crumb mash they were up and running and still are in between naps.
They've been home for 5 hours and are up eating for the 6th time. Is that normally how it goes or were these babies just starved from being on the road since 4pm April 26th!?
Every time they wake up I give them more water and feed, I figure they need it after that long *** journey.

I finally got my little Saxony Ducklings from Holderread. After not sending them the right shipping amount and having to cut another check, they finally arrived today. :)
I had to order ten when I really only wanted 3 or 4, they shipped me 2 extra (very nice of them), one died in transit so now I have 11.
Two of them were very weak and I was certain they'd die before I could get them to eat, but after a little honey/water/crumb mash they were up and running and still are in between naps.
They've been home for 5 hours and are up eating for the 6th time. Is that normally how it goes or were these babies just starved from being on the road since 4pm April 26th!?
Every time they wake up I give them more water and feed, I figure they need it after that long *** journey.
Congrats on your new babies. Yes they eat a lot and drink a lot. I'm glad your 2 pulled through.

Will do!! They're SO friggin adorable and I want so bad to cuddle them...but the house is cold and they're better off under their heat lamp for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom