finally got my white call ducks :D cute baby pic alert!!

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
I got some eggs from DuckyBoys and lookie what happened!!

P0003708.jpg

The three white babies are from DuckyBoys's eggs, the black is from my own hen. I had two other whites hatch, one died the first few hours, one is acting a bit lethargic, but it is very warm in that room - maybe too warm for her.

I am so happy to finally have some white call ducks.

Now I just have to sort through the 15 call ducks I have to decide who gets to stay and who has to go to a new home. I am thinking I can reasonably keep 10 call ducks (before I have to build another duck pen
lau.gif
)

meri

those are soooo cute. I got some eggs from the same person. got 6 and so far(keeping my fingers crossed & knocking on wood) all are growin and should be hatching in about 3 days! wish me luck, i want some too;)

Quote:
I had a really good hatch for shipped eggs (I need to leave feedback, keep forgetting) I got sent 14 eggs - two got cracked - two died early, but the 10 remaining I had half hatch (had 5 hatch, one died, four living).

50% is great for shipped eggs - I've never had shipped eggs hatch so well.

I usually have lousy luck hatching ducks - so part of that 50% is real testament to the eggs viability - cause I tend to kill them in the incubator.

meri

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
celebrate.gif

I am SO happy for you and I hear that Mom has hatched out 4 of 6 eggs!

You guys are awesome! (All mine died btw!!! But don't worry I have more in the bator!)

Back
Top Bottom