1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally got pics of my bantam chicks from Ideal

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bantamsrmyfav, May 23, 2011.

1. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I got the bantam special from Ideal on May 11 and then again on May 18, got too many so the last three pics of the chicks I think are roos so if anyone in northern California wants them, they're free..some of the others I'm selling in the buy n sell section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Golden sebright, I hope it's a hen!

[​IMG]

looking at the camera [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one too, I think it's a porcelain OE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one with a black dot on it's head is probably a japanese, hoping for a girl [​IMG]

[​IMG]

one of my fav's a porcelain d'Uccle

[​IMG]

I can't get a good picture of the golden laced Cochin for some reason, she is the cutest chick I've seen,
    she closes one eye and opens and closes it when I pick her up lol, will have to try again for a pic another time..
    she is the dark one at the drinking fountain in this pic

[​IMG]

The possible roos..(based on comb development and size:)

Lavender OE- my dog was rather curious with this one

[​IMG]

Black Modern (I think)

[​IMG]

BTB Japanese (I think)

[​IMG]

2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    [​IMG]

3. bradgsanford

bradgsanford Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2011
    In your top picture, bottom right, yellow with black stripe....what is that? I got one of these from the pullet bin at Atwood's and I know they use Ideal. It's the only one of mine I can't figure out. Thanks!

4. bantamsrmyfav

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I'm wondering the same thing! At first I was certain it is an EE, but it has a single comb, since EE's are mixes anyway I'm guessing it's an EE with a single comb? [​IMG] I'll post pictures as it grows and hopefully that'll clear things up. This is the fun of getting Ideal's assortments though. [​IMG]

5. bradgsanford

Apr 22, 2011
    I was told by someone else on here Dark Cornish but the pictures still didn't match exactly so the verdict is still out in my admittedly uneducated opinion.

6. bantamsrmyfav

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    hmm I wish it were a dark cornish, but one of my chipmunk chicks have a better chance of being a dark cornish although those also have single combs and cornishes have pea combs. Does your chick have a pea comb too?

7. bradgsanford

Apr 22, 2011
    Well I went and had a look and I do believe it is a pea comb. I hadn't noticed that before mainly because it's about the most standoffish of all of them and I never get to pick it up and give it a close inspection.

8. bantamsrmyfav

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    oh it's probably an EE then especially if it has green legs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by