bantamsrmyfav

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I got the bantam special from Ideal on May 11 and then again on May 18, got too many so the last three pics of the chicks I think are roos so if anyone in northern California wants them, they're free..some of the others I'm selling in the buy n sell section.

PicturesMay22003.jpg

PicturesMay22005.jpg

Golden sebright, I hope it's a hen!

PicturesMay22015.jpg

looking at the camera
love.gif

PicturesMay22018.jpg

this one too, I think it's a porcelain OE

PicturesMay22017.jpg

PicturesMay22016.jpg

The one with a black dot on it's head is probably a japanese, hoping for a girl
fl.gif

PicturesMay22022.jpg

one of my fav's a porcelain d'Uccle

PicturesMay22046.jpg

I can't get a good picture of the golden laced Cochin for some reason, she is the cutest chick I've seen,
she closes one eye and opens and closes it when I pick her up lol, will have to try again for a pic another time..
she is the dark one at the drinking fountain in this pic

ChicksMay23008.jpg

The possible roos..(based on comb development and size:)

Lavender OE- my dog was rather curious with this one

ChicksMay23004.jpg

Black Modern (I think)

ChicksMay23007.jpg

BTB Japanese (I think)

ChicksMay23006.jpg

bradgsanford

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
In your top picture, bottom right, yellow with black stripe....what is that? I got one of these from the pullet bin at Atwood's and I know they use Ideal. It's the only one of mine I can't figure out. Thanks!

bantamsrmyfav

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
I'm wondering the same thing! At first I was certain it is an EE, but it has a single comb, since EE's are mixes anyway I'm guessing it's an EE with a single comb?
hu.gif
I'll post pictures as it grows and hopefully that'll clear things up. This is the fun of getting Ideal's assortments though.
yippiechickie.gif

bradgsanford

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
I was told by someone else on here Dark Cornish but the pictures still didn't match exactly so the verdict is still out in my admittedly uneducated opinion.

bantamsrmyfav

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Feb 26, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
My Coop
My Coop
hmm I wish it were a dark cornish, but one of my chipmunk chicks have a better chance of being a dark cornish although those also have single combs and cornishes have pea combs. Does your chick have a pea comb too?

bradgsanford

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
Well I went and had a look and I do believe it is a pea comb. I hadn't noticed that before mainly because it's about the most standoffish of all of them and I never get to pick it up and give it a close inspection.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom