Finally got pictures of my coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by ZuniBee, Jan 20, 2008.

1. ZuniBee

ZuniBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    I finally took some pictures of our coops and runs.

Our Coops

2. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    WOW! You have been very busy! They look great! How long did it take you to build all of them? Thanks for sharing.

3. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    nice . and plenty of room. [​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Wow - awesome coops! [​IMG]

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Wow I want coops and roosters so bad now LOL love them soooo much.

Thanks for the Pics
    Henry

6. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Beautiful!

7. ZuniBee

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    Thanks!

How long did it take you to build all of them?

A long time...seems like forever. The biggest one was a three sided shed and it took just about all summer to close it off, add a floor, doors, windows, and build the covered run. I built it big enough so I could expand....

Well, that was before I got involved with all the enablers here at BYC!! [​IMG] Once I caught the BYC disease (addictions are said to be a disease) I found myself getting eggs to hatch without having a coop to put them in.... sound familiar to anyone?

Then I found Jersey Giants and had to build the "House of Blues" and that took about a month of working weekends. Then I built the smaller breeder coops and that took about another month...actually, I am still finishing the netting on top of the runs and the trim on the breeder coop and the blues coop. Now, they are all full and I have eggs in the bator (thanks Speckledhen [​IMG] ) plus a broody with 9 eggs. DW things I've gone insane..... I've got to stop hatching!!!!​

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    What an incredible set up you have there....your girls and boys look gorgeous and very content. Im jealous. [​IMG]

I love the pictures of the chickens on your website. And those eggs!!! How many do you get a day on average?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  9. skatcatla

skatcatla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    Nice!!!

10. ZuniBee

May 8, 2007
    Zuni, Virginia
    How many do you get a day on average?

I was getting 36 eggs every day. I made the mistake of providing light so the hens would keep laying and since I was not ready to sell the eggs, our extra fridge filled up quick and I was overwhelmed! I stopped providing extra light and I now get 12 to 15 per day.... can't wait for the farmers market to open!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by