Finally got some ducklings PICS

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sara, May 27, 2008.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I've been going to sales looking for some new ducklings for my pond. Finally I found some. They weren't marked so I am hoping they are blue swedish or a cross of them, but I'm not 100% sure. They had just hatched goslings, they were so cute. I wanted to get some but they also weren't marked so I have no idea what kind they were, but so cute. I may go next week to see if I can get a couple. While I have a messy brooder I might as well get all the water fowl I want. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  2. mtnchicks

mtnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2007
    Colorado
    How cute! Ducks grow up so fast! Hard to believe mine were little fluff balls just a few weeks ago. Although it sure was nice to get them outside and out of the brooder. Thanks for the pics! ( And you're right: how much worse can a couple of goslings be when you're already up after messy ducks! [​IMG])

3. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Enjoy your ducks sara. They look like swedish to me.

4. banter

banter Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Raymond Maine
    They look like Swede's and you will love them-Cute!!!!

5. RebelsHope

RebelsHope Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    wisconsin
    Adorable!

They do grow so quickly. I was looking at my pekins today- big white ducks and was remembering how little they were only a month ago!

Enjoy them while they are young [​IMG]

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    I agree-they're adorable AND they look just like my blue swedish did as babies! Enjoy!!

7. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They do grow so fast! I think you can actually see them growing [​IMG] They hardly fit back in the box I got them in on Friday.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I got more ducklings last night at Lebanon Valley. I didn't plan to get any, but no one was buying ducklings. They were all like 30 cents per duckling. So I got 5 black east indie ducklings. I'll have to get a picture sometime today. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by