1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally got some pictures of my girls. What are they?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by janf1914, Jun 6, 2011.

1. janf1914

janf1914 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    I have 4 pullets (hopefully), 9wks. old and 3 of them are confusing me. My daughter wants to enter them in the fair and I need to know what they are. Any help would be appreciated! This is Betty. She's supposed to be a RIR. But I've been told she's not dark enough.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Margie. She's my real mystery. She's supposed to be a GLW but I don't see any lacing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally, we have Georgia. She is supposed to be an Ameracauna, but I'm thinking EE?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Married to a wonderful, handy husband with 3 beautiful daughters and 4 silly chickens - 1 BO, 1 RIR, 1 Ameracauna, and 1 ?

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    1. Production Red - Cockeral
    2, Looks like a Hatchery Quality GLW if it is a GLW - Cockeral
    3. EE- Pullet

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    1.) Production Red (hard to tell gender because these birds get big combs, both fem and male)
    2.) Either a very poor quality Gold Laced Wyandotte, or a cross of some sort -pullet
    3.) EE - hatchery quality pullet. Araucanas/Americaunas have a rose comb, not a straight one (also are seriously hard to find/expensive)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by