Finally Got some Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 SunFresh® Recipe

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by City Cajun, Sep 27, 2011.

1. City Cajun

City Cajun Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Nobody around here(southeast Louisiana)has had this stuff but, I went to Tractor Supply today for feed and dog food and was glad to see they finally had it. I checked it this evening and the pellets are smaller than the regular Layena. It's going for $15.99 for a 40 lb bag.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    seems like a good price...

3. ky-chicken-farmer

ky-chicken-farmer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    We got it in W/Ky around the first of Sept at the local TSC.. It was 14.49 a bag when i bought my first bag but has since went up to 15.99. I really like the pellet size. I am on my third bag now.

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    And if you calculate the cost of the feed that it would be if it came in the 50lb bags that poultry feed traditionally comes in it would be $20 a bag or more. Pretty steep!

We get more posts about this new Purina feed than any other specific type and brand of feed that I can recall.

5. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Wonder how the OP got those copyright tags in the title.... Or why? I don't have one of those cool keys on my laptop [​IMG]

Price is a little steep for us and you can't get it in my part of AZ anyway..... We were going to give it a try as we had some coupons, but 120 mile round trip to the closest place that carried it and we have 3 feed stores close to us where feed is 14.50 for 50 pounds right now. Likely going up again as well sadly....

Edit to add:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  6. fiddlebanshee

fiddlebanshee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Frederick, MD
    Wonder how the OP got those copyright tags in the title.... Or why? I don't have one of those cool keys on my laptop

Oh, but you do: [​IMG] (on a windows computer press ALT+0174).

That's how she did it probably, or she copied and pasted from the Purina website

this link has an explanation on how to do it.
    http://fsymbols.com/computer/trademark/

7. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:Oh, but you do: [​IMG] (on a windows computer press ALT+0174).

That's how she did it probably, or she copied and pasted from the Purina website

Way cool and thanks for the education.... Now to find something to copyright [​IMG]

8. City Cajun

City Cajun Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2011
    Quote:Oh, but you do: [​IMG] (on a windows computer press ALT+0174).

First off she is a he! Secondly, I did in fact simply copy and paste for the title.

Yes, this is an expensive feed but only by a couple of dollars. Is there any other way of feeding to increase the Omega 3 in the eggs produced?

9. fiddlebanshee

fiddlebanshee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Frederick, MD
    First off she is a he! Secondly, I did in fact simply copy and paste for the title.

Oops. Sorry. Don't know why I assumed. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:I also saw it at the Tractor Supply in Opelousas. I have several $3.00 OFF coupons for this. I think I will try it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by