Finally got some snow!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Happy Dad, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Happy Dad

Happy Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    We had negative zero temps early in the winter but this is our first good snow of the season. Got to sled a little with the kiddos while taking a break from plowing the driveway and am definitely resting up and going back out this afternoon. May have to make a toboggan run! O ya and the chickens are not happy. I even scooped them a place to come out of the run, nope, not gonna happen they said, lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the outdoor cats poked his head out of their house and he said no way and went back in.
    [​IMG]

Chooks are cozy in their coop. Coop isn't finished but good enough for the winter.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I love your coop, very bright colors, how unique!

Nice to hear you and the kiddos are enjoying the snow, the chickens will come around eventually. Mine stare at the snow from inside the coop too, but after a few days they do venture out, at least in my flock they do. Such chickens, they are! [​IMG]

Take care now, and stay warm!

3. Happy Dad

Happy Dad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2012
    Eastern Nebraska
    Thanks! I just built this past fall but ran out of fall to finish it. I'll finish it this spring and post up some pictures.

They finally came out to play when they could see the grass in the path that I scooped for them out to the driveway.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by