finally got the girls brooder/coop finished

rhino1

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2015
around Savannah, GA
I finally finished their hotel up over the weekend. I'll more than likely modify it some to add nesting boxes and a ramp to use it as the coop in a few more weeks when it's time to let them into the pen. But for now they are loving it.

Nice work! Is that their coop now, and will you give them a roost, or is that temporary housing while they are small? I so wish I was handy…but then, I would probably be extremely overrun with chickens if I could build my own coops!

Nice work!  Is that their coop now, and will you give them a roost, or is that temporary housing while they are small?  I so wish I was handy…but then, I would probably be extremely overrun with chickens if I could build my own coops!
right now it's just setup to hold them for a couple more weeks. Then I plan on redesigning out to be their coop.

Last edited:
Looks like they are pretty cozy! Just finished my brooder as well, has a door on the side as it will transition to a mini coop before they move in with the big girls.

Very nice. Kind of wish I would have made them a see thru front so the can see more than the walls. But I plan on adding nesting boxes on the sides when I move it outside.

What are the dimensions of yours? I'm crossing my fingers my brooder is big enough, first time I'm getting chicks.

Back
Top Bottom