Finally got to order my chicks, ducklings and goslings

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by conny63malies, Dec 6, 2013.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    For those who dont know. My husband is AD in the Army right now since 96, but just about done with medical retirement. I finally got the heads up from him and I got to order what i was waiting for for a LOOONG time. Our first order will come the week 4/21 from Meyer. I got a dozen broilers, 2 EE , 1 BR , 1Buckeye, 2 BCM , 2 BO, 1 Spitzhauben, 1 Silver sp. Hamburg and the free Meyer chick (a females) I also got a Welsummer , a BCM and a EE roo ordered. Also got some silkies as future broodies. THe next order is from McMurray those will be 3 naked necks. I also ordered most my water fowl from MM. Got a trio of blue swedes for my son, a few pekins and jumbo pekins for eating and breeding and then lastly a few Embden geese for christmas and as breeders. Now we just have to move off post and build a barn.

2. Trefoil

Trefoil Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    Congratulations! I got a couple of spitzhauben from meyer last year and love them. All the birds I got from them turned out really nice. In fact I'm just starting to get eggs from them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by