Finally Gots My Self Some Muscovies!!! ~Pics~

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by The Wolf Queen, Nov 21, 2009.

1. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Yay I finally got myself 4 Scovies last night! I got a drake and 3 ducks. If anyone could tell what colors they are (Elvis is solid white except for his head and both Farah and Seneca have white chests) and what colors the ducklings will be that would be awesome. Oh how old do you think they are and what do you call a group of four ducks? Pair...Trio...?. Did I mention me and my friend spent an hour or 2 in the coop playing chicken with who would and could hold Elvis the longest? Lol. The place where I got them from they just get to run around and be wild so Elvis is pretty nuts although the 3 ducks are much calmer and do calm down in a sec or 2. Hmm I always figured the males would be calmer anyways even Elvis calmed down after I picked him up and held him a couple of times, to the point where he was just there and we could sorta pet him, and when I finally put him down he didn't freak out like a bat outta hell (Did I mention I think he weighs like 15 lbs?). He even tolerated me holding him on the ground until I let him go. Yay and [​IMG] times google (100 zeros). PS when Elvis breeds the girls will the babies be pied with some solids? I sure hope so [​IMG]. Oh and since I got home after dark last night I just opened the door to the carrier and left them in my hen pen and the only one that picks on them is a tiny little retarded Polish roflmao [​IMG] [​IMG]. Oh well, at least she tries [​IMG]
    Left to Right: Elvis, Farah, Seneca, and Mirth
    [​IMG]

Random Group Photo
    [​IMG]

Mirth up close
    [​IMG]

Seneca and Mirth
    [​IMG]

Super close up of Elvis showing his blue eye/s
    [​IMG]

Me holding Elvis
    [​IMG]

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Gorgeous ducks... for muscovies [​IMG]

Congrats!

3. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Whats that supposed to mean lol? Thanks. I love them. I just wish Elvis was smaller so he would be easier to hold. Oh well all 4 are already learning im not gonna eat them [​IMG]

4. rainplace

haha... you must not have read my muscovy thread. [​IMG]

I'm surprised you're able to hold him with short sleeves and no gloves.

5. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    They are beautiful! What a nice range of colors.

I'm sorry that I have no idea what you will get as far as the offspring goes. I imagine a lot of pieds. But the genetics of white is pretty mysterious to me. [​IMG]

6. Le Canard de Barbarie

Le Canard de Barbarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Quote:The females look about twelve weeks. I would call the group tasty

7. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    How pretty! Elvis is a pretty studly looking duck. Lucky lady ducks.[​IMG]

8. MDC

MDC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    KS
    It looks to me like Elvis is a white, of course, but he'd be heterozygous, meaning that he will have the black spots on his cap (which could molt out over time) but that he will probably also throw heterozygous ducklings which would mean they could have black caps, too. The two ducks are self-blue pied, and the other is a chocolate pied. The colors of ducklings depends on what colors they might be hiding underneath!

9. The Wolf Queen

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Le Canard de Barbarie wrote: I would call the group tasty

Not funny, these are ment as breeders. [​IMG]

suburbanduckmom wrote: How pretty! Elvis is a pretty studly looking duck. Lucky lady ducks.

Thanks lol, he is pretty handsome I just hope not all of his babies come out white except for the headspot... oh it just occured to me that he came from a flock that breeds ducks like him or all white, I sure wish I knew about the girls' backrounds. Did I mention before I even decided I wanted him I just looked at him and thought " He sure looks like an Elvis". I dunno why though lol.

MDC wrote: It looks to me like Elvis is a white, of course, but he'd be heterozygous, meaning that he will have the black spots on his cap (which could molt out over time) but that he will probably also throw heterozygous ducklings which would mean they could have black caps, too. The two ducks are self-blue pied, and the other is a chocolate pied. The colors of ducklings depends on what colors they might be hiding underneath!

There can be different shades of self blue? Huh I didnt know that. I just suspected that one was a self blue or a lilac or what ever and the other was a blue or lilac fawn. Now my head hurts lol. Wait so like my above statement replying to chick mom, is he guaranteed to throw all almost or all whites?

Oh and another question. Is black a dominant in ducks? From what ive seen it is but im not possitive. Thanks for all the great answers im getting [​IMG]

10. rainplace

I think four ducks would be called a quad? lol that sounds funny... "I have a breeding quad"

Now I have no idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by