Finally! Horse shopping may be over

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
So I haven't posted about this before since I didn't want to put you all through the shopping experience that drags on and on. But, I think I have found Mr Perfect-for-what-I-want.

He's not at all what I had in mind. I was thinking tall, black, gaited. He's short, stout, sorrel, grade Quarter Horse. Oh well. It's the brain that matters and I was looking for sane and cool to be around over anything else. A horse that will be patient with me as I teach him silly things like how to bow. One that won't get lazy or agitated on the 3rd lap of me trying to master the sitting trot. I can post all day. Sitting, not so much even if the horse is on the perfect speed.

Sunday I'm going to look at him, and if we click, he'll follow me home. He sounds like a cool dude though.

To top it off, I found the barn earlier this week, and I honestly thought I would find the horse easier and the barn much harder. I've been looking for both for months now, trying to avoid a waiting list on the barn and keeping myself reined in on "pretty is as pretty does"... and both popped up in the same week!

Tell me about it! My plan is to do this once and not think about it again for like 15-20 years. Took so long because I was being picky. I wanted enough horse so I wouldn't have to upgrade, but not so much as to get ahead of myself. Good movement and conformation for Dressage to please my trainer. Good solid and sane yet playful temperament. Great go but a better stop. Barefoot and happy that way. Low maintenance. Patient for grooming, trailering, ect.

He sounds like he'll be it. We'll see on Sunday how he moves his feet and if he takes me seriously. Most horses do. The ones that don't, I won't fight with them. I wanted a project, but not a challenge. Schooling but not starting from scratch. He's grade, but I can't ride papers anyways, and have no interest in showing. Just a money pit of a pet. LOL

I hope he is what you are looking for. I have a 22 year old cremello QH gelding that is my love. A million bucks couldn't buy him. Maybe this horse will be your partner for the next 20 years.

My last gelding I didn't get until he was 18, so I wanted to go much younger this time.

Will post pictures if I'm successful! He's not over the top handsome, but cute enough and built really well for being grade. Very kind eye too.

barnie.gif
NO PICS????????
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom