Finally Introducing Myself! :)

Pics

RabbitGirl

Songster
6 Years
Dec 13, 2016
Hello animal lovers, owners, and soon to be owners! I'm going to go through the 1-7 intro questions, let's begin!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
No, I've had chickens all my life <3

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Sadly for now 3, although we used to have more and are hopefully getting more soon!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Right now we have all girls, G.J. (Ginger Jr.) our Americana, Twilight our Plymouth Rock, and Scarlet my Sicilian Buttercup. I call Scarlet mine because she is my little baby <3 she pretty much only lets me hold her and still makes little cooing baby chick sounds at me when I hold her, even at her age.

(If you want more info about any of them ask in the comments or in my profile.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
It's just such a fun heartwarming experience. If you give them enough love and attention they can become so sweet and loving back to you!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I enjoy lots of things but mainly besides animals, art, social media, video games, photography, and more! <3

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
*Well my dad <3 is @Nifty-Chicken owner/administrator of this website, my mom she cool, and I have an older sister.
*For our other pets we have a bunny (hence the name, mainly mine) her name is Clover a Blue Dutch. She turns 4 on the 16th of January, and we also have a ball python named Sun (He is my sister's but I love him too) And that pretty much sums it up unless you wanna count the raccoons, opossums, skunks, rats, and fox... but ya!
*I pet sit/baby sit every one and a while.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
My dad <3, forever, my dad <3.

More pictures will be coming soon to the comments tomorrow! (on pg 5)
Scarlet
Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 10.07.35 PM.png

Clover
Screenshot 2018-10-29 at 10.37.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Ugh, this website will let ANYBODY in here. :rolleyes:

Where's that "Report" link?!?

BTW, shouldn't you be in bed? Your Dad must be a TOTAL pushover.

I hear you REALLY REALLY like bunnies, so I got something for you:

:bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun

I loved reading your intro and am looking forward to you posting a bit more than once every few years ;) ;):p

:hugs:hugs:hugs

Ugh, this website will let ANYBODY in here. :rolleyes:

Where's that "Report" link?!?

BTW, shouldn't you be in bed? Your Dad must be a TOTAL pushover.

I hear you REALLY REALLY like bunnies, so I got something for you:

:bun :bun :bun :bun :bun :bun

I loved reading your intro and am looking forward to you posting a bit more than once every few years ;) ;):p

:hugs:hugs:hugs
Haha I love you <3

byc1-excited.gif

hithere.gif
Your Sicilian Buttercup is so beautiful and little Clover is adorable! How exciting to be adding to your flock. I'll be getting a few new chicks this spring too! I bet you're already pretty familiar with the site and all the articles? There's a few great ones I would suggest to look at if you plan to get chicks soon...
Kick The Heat Lamp: Better, Safer And Healthier Options To Heat Your Brooder
Integrating at 4 weeks old
Maybe you already know all that stuff... but those methods really helped my last integration go so smoothly!

Glad to have you part of the group finally. Is your dad really a pushover?
My daughter totally has my hubby wrapped around her finger... both her and I got new Chromebooks today and she's only 7!! (I would say she's a bit spoiled)

So are the raccoons etc actually pets... or do they just come visit your yard often?

View attachment 1634457
View attachment 1634459Your Sicilian Buttercup is so beautiful and little Clover is adorable! How exciting to be adding to your flock. I'll be getting a few new chicks this spring too! I bet you're already pretty familiar with the site and all the articles? There's a few great ones I would suggest to look at if you plan to get chicks soon...
Kick The Heat Lamp: Better, Safer And Healthier Options To Heat Your Brooder
Integrating at 4 weeks old

Maybe you already know all that stuff... but those methods really helped my last integration go so smoothly!

Glad to have you part of the group finally. Is your dad really a pushover?
My daughter totally has my hubby wrapped around her finger... both her and I got new Chromebooks today and she's only 7!! (I would say she's a bit spoiled)

So are the raccoons etc actually pets... or do they just come visit your yard often?
Haha thank you! Yes I know most of the this but i'll take a look. And no he's just trying to be funny.:p And no the raccoons, skunks, etc are not pets they just stop by and scare, and sometimes have even hurt/killed our chickens. :(

Back
Top Bottom