Finally! It's my turn to share pics

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CindyG, Oct 4, 2010.

1. CindyG

CindyG Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, this afternoon when I got home, this is what I found! [​IMG] I check the coops everyday, seems like I'm out there all the time, but I must have missed these as five were in the dark corner by the door under the nice nestbox and one was in the diagonal corner under the poopboard. Could I have six birds laying, having all started at once today? Nah, I expect they've been there a few days. There are 2 Black Australorps, 2 RIR and 2 Red sex links, all over 22 weeks old, so maybe they did all start together. I did wash these as they were a bit yucky, but I am going to check them for fertility and then eat them for supper. I'll share with my parrots, they love scrambled egg. And, I've never heard egg song from anyone but my Serama hen. I'll be following them around from now on, trying to catch them in the act. Anyway, I'm in the egg club now, woo hoo!!

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Congratulations!

3. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    [​IMG] Yay for your chickens!!!

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    SCORE! [​IMG]

5. toby5

toby5 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2010
    TN
    [​IMG] congrats!!! I am still waiting

6. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

Congrats!

7. carrlr

carrlr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    Stranger things have happened. My 28 YO daughter swears she collected all the eggs on Saturday and didn't see any when putting up the birds that night. On Sunday I collected 16 eggs. Problem is we only have 12 hens. IMO...someone either can't count or missed something. I've been waiting to get my perfect dozen (12 eggs from 12 hens in the same day). Then this happens. LOL!!

8. CindyG

CindyG Chillin' With My Peeps

Just as an update on these eggs...I opened 3 of them, the largest was a double yolker, but only one yolk was showing the bullseye! The other two were also fertile, so guess the roo is doing his job. And, to top this day off...two of my Serama eggs in the bator are pipped. Oh, the excitement never ends in Chicken lala land.

9. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by