1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally joined! From So Cal

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TJChickens, Mar 3, 2014.

1. TJChickens

TJChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Okay I really need to just get with it! I lurk here all the time and plan on going to the San Diego meet up next weekend. My teenage kids and I raise chickens, pheasants, peafowl, Guineas, quail , as well as parrots. So, not at all new to birds, but still trying to work in the fun, social aspect of it. We seem to always be looking for something and trying to find homes for several somethings-usually roosters....
    One son raises Polish crested chickens and Sebrights. The other raises d'Uccles. White, mille, and porcelain. He has two golden neck hens and needs a roo and he has a brown/black roo but no hens.
    I have silkies, and am always trying to find good homes for my extra roosters...
    We live in San Diego county and have plenty of horses, dogs and other animals as well:)
    Husband tolerates but is not so much interested in the animals. (Except that one extraordinarily special Dachshund!)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    If you go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread (I think Ca. has a few ie., north, south, etc). You could let others know when you have birds to move out.

Also when you have 20 posts you can participate in BYC's buy/sell/trade forum.

3. TJChickens

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Thanks for that info [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
  5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

[​IMG]

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC, and good luck with your many projects.

8. TJChickens

Mar 3, 2014
    East of San Diego
    Thank you everybody [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by