Finally Joined the Flock

AlaBoutPeeps

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2015
Mississippi
Hello, I'm Kelly. I have been a lurker for a few years and decided today was a good day to come out of the shadows.
frow.gif
Thank you for all the great information posted on BYC. It has been a wonderful resource for me and my family. When we were building our coop 2 years ago, we really enjoyed seeing the coop designs that were posted. At the moment we have 10 RIR hens/pullets, 7 Golden Comet Hens, 6 Barred Rock hens/pullets, 2 New Hampshire pullets, 3 Welsummer pullets, 8 Black Jersey Giants & Australorps pullets, 7 mixed pullets, and 7 too many Roosters. This is subject to change because some roosters are going away, some chicks are ordered, and you never know who will go broody this year.

Welcome to BYC, Kelly!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

I'm happy to hear that BYC has been a helpful place for you.
smile.png
We certainly enjoy helping out chicken owners, especially new ones! It sounds like you have a nice, varied flock right now.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you for all the welcomes. I look forward to chatting with everyone at BYC.

Hi there, Theoldchick. Yes, my chickens keep me busy. I also forgot to list my 5 Buff Orpington hens which are one of my favorites. I knew that I was forgetting somebody yesterday, so when I was doing my head count yesterday evening, I couldn't believe that I forgot them. Two of them went broody last summer which was fun.

Hi Michael OShay. Last year we purchased the Black Jersey Giants and the Black Australorps at the same time. We could tell them apart until they fully feathered out. Now, we can't. They all look the same. My husband said that they are probably all the same breed. Do you know how to tell them apart? They are all around the same size.

Back
Top Bottom