Finally joined

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lisarn3, Oct 25, 2010.

1. lisarn3

lisarn3 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2010
    Okla
    Hello.
    I have been lurking on the site for several months. I decided to finally join in.

I would like to say how informative and helpful I have found the entire site to be. The forums have given me much good advice and direction.

We currently have 3 beautiful little black hens and a little game hen. We started getting eggs from my girls about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It has been so exciting. Our little brown girls is probably about another 6-8 weeks from laying.

Along with our chickens we have a vast assortment of other pets. Dogs, cats, a bunny, an African Grey and two Quakers and our new sugar gliders. Lord help us if we ever move to the country.[​IMG]

2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    [​IMG].

3. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    [​IMG]
    like you said, there is a wealth of information here and its a wonderful site. I had to move out to the country because I was in violation of ordinance in respects to how many of each animal I could keep on my property, couldnt understand why them city folks thought the crows of my roosters and the quacking of the ducks were a nuisance either! I dont want to be an enabler, but hurry up and move to the country, you can keep more chickens!

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. lisarn3

Oct 25, 2010
    Okla
    Quote:LOL well let me just say that I can under NO circumstances allow the city people to come to my house and do a count.......We are over the limit severalfold. All my critters are clean, and healthy and there are no smells coming from anything. If some of the other folks in town could say the same for their kids.

We did end up with a rooster and once he started crowing I was afraid I was going to look out the front window some morning to see a city vehicle creeping up and down the street to locate it. We were able to rehome him just around the corner with some awesome folks.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

Congrats on the eggs.

Imp

8. ChickyD

ChickyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    NH
    Welcome from NH! [​IMG]

9. lisarn3

Oct 25, 2010
    Okla
    Awwww, you all rock!!!

10. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    I just wanted to warn you that BYC is VERY addictive! I am now on here a lot in the afternoon! I just can't help myself!

[​IMG] and [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by