Finally joining BYC

RhondaBT

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 2, 2015
Hi folks, I've been coming to this community for a number of years to learn more about raising chickens. I've finally joined because I feel like I can now be a legit member with a little flock of my own. In May 2020 I got a straight run of 6 cuties. I ended up with 3M and 3F. They're a barnyard mix of Black Copper Maran, Barnevelder, Ameraucana, Olive Egger, and a few other breeds, but these are the ones that show up the strongest in my flock. Now I'm down to 4 because in December I rehomed 2 of the roosters to happy local farms with many girls if their own. I was planning to get 4 ready to lay hens this spring and probably another 6 auto sex(ed?) chicks but about 2 weeks ago my lead hen turned broody and we decided to follow her instinct. We got her set up in her own space with a clutch of 12 eggs. Hatch date is April 28. I can't wait!
I have had many questions answered by the wisdom of this group and I'm certain I'll have many more.
I'm a clinical social worker which means I offer therapy/counselling to folks of all ages and my younger clients are really enjoying learning about my chicks...and some of my older clients are as well.
My chickens and gardening are my 2 main hobbies right now, but reading and travel are right up there too.
Glad to be here,
Rhonda.
(And Oscar, Marguerite, Grace and Olive. And my builder of every dream hubs Brian. We also have 3 cats and dog.)

Attachments

• 20201225_111115.jpg
    20201225_111115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom