Finally joining in on this community!

Hukkelberry

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2021
Hi there, my name is Hukkelberry. I live in a very wet and rainy part of Washington State. I have had chickens since I was little and have a flock of my own now. I feel confident caring for my hens but am new to owning roosters. Last year, I also bought 15 magpie ducklings and have had good success raising them up. This year I got a few Narraganset turkeys as well though I am not doing as well as I had hoped with them.

How many chickens do I have now? Let's see.. I have 2 roosters, an easter egger named Betsy and a speckled sussex named Mr. Churchill. A young cockerel who is Betsy's son, I have been calling him Betson because he looks just like Betsy. I have 5 pullets who are all easter egger or easter egger/barred rock and 9 hens whose breeds include easter egger, blue australorp, speckled sussex, golden laced wyandotte, buff orpington, barred rock and california grey. I just love caring for and spending time with my birds, they bring me so much joy each day. I love the eggs and meat that they provide me and I love it when they make babies for me to help raise up.

When I'm not thinking about my poultry, I enjoy training and riding horses, playing with my dogs, looking for mushrooms, riding my bike, birdwatching, and anything else that involves animals, nature, and birds. I work at a couple of local farms so I get plenty of other interaction with other farm animals as well.

I'm looking forward to contributing to this community finally. I remember referencing posts on this forum since I was young so it's about time I join in on the fun.

Back
Top Bottom