Finally Just Joined!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daisy Girl, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Daisy Girl

Daisy Girl Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2013
    Hello! I finally decided to go ahead and join because I come here so often! Why didn't I just do that in the first place?? :)

I live on a ranch in the beautiful country of New Mexico. We have had chickens about 6 or 7 years. It started out because it would be fun and fresh eggs are great (!), and we haven't stopped since!

Right now, we have about 15 chickens, but we just placed an order for 55 more. 35 (mine) will be mainly egg-layers, and the other 20 will be my younger brothers and they are the pretty and fun kind. :) We also have 5 ducks, with 4 more coming, and are trying Geese this year.

We have or will be getting, Black Australorps, Delawares, Speckled Sussex, Ameraucanas, New Hampshire Reds, Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (yay!), Silver Laced Wyandottes, Minorcas, Cochins, Polish, Salmon Faverolles, Buff Brahmas, and Crevecours. You guess which ones are mine and which my 12 year old brother is getting! He really wanted to have his own chickens- that is what he wanted for Christmas, egg money! He absolutely loves his chickens! :D (I do too, but it is cuter in a 12 year old!)

I found BYC via google typing in my questions. It seemed like BYC always had the answer, so I have been here pretty regularly. :)

I am the oldest daughter of parents that have been married for 26 years now (wahoo!) and sibling to 3- a sister and two brothers. Besides loving my family, living on a ranch, and raising fowl things :wink:, we have dogs and cats that keep us busy, a drama group that my family is a part of, photography, friends, laughing, and enjoying life! I am a born-again Believer and truly adore His Creation!

I am very excited that I have joined, and can't wait to meet you all!

~ Daisy Girl

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Well, it's about TIME you changed from "guest!" :lol:

Welcome to BYC from another Californian, up in the Western Sierra Foothills.

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Daisy Girl, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined us! Wow! You are going to have a lot of chickens running around and those are some great breeds! Have fun and best of luck!

5. sophiesmith

sophiesmith Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    Van Wert, OH
    Welcome from Mississippi.

6. BurnsFarm

BurnsFarm Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

7. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from Highland County Ohio and God Bless!!!

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG]

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, DaisyGirl, welcome to BYC. Sounds like you have a pretty good life.

10. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by