Finally let the chickens outside the run ~PICS~

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChirpyChicks1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    So I finally got the nerve to let the flock out of the chicken run [​IMG] I have 4 dogs, 3 of which I'm fairly certain would go on a killing spree so I locked them all up in the house and let the girls out.

Lucy was the first to come out because I trust her the most. She had a grand time so I opened the door and let the others come out too. I had waited too late in the evening so they weren't out very long. I ended up having to herd them back to the coop because they wanted to play and even treats didn't matter [​IMG]

Here all all six, you can just see the tip of Worrywarts tail in the back
    [​IMG]

Cat Smokey Joe enjoying the chicken show, he is such a good cat
    [​IMG]

Spock and Kirk were the next ones to come out. That's my daughter walking Lucy back by tempting her with raisins
    [​IMG]

With three of them out the others were quite upset and trying to figure out how to join them
    [​IMG]

Lucy out by herself
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. DLV58

DLV58 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Nebraska
    Hi, it looks like they did ok. I also have been thinking about letting my girls out

1 person likes this.
  3. cverba

cverba Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2013
    Albany, OR
    Wait until they start chasing the cat... hehe. My two cats are terrified of the chickens because the amerucana goes racing after them, head down.

1 person likes this.
  4. ChirpyChicks1

Jul 22, 2013
    They have spent all but 2 weeks of their life hanging around Smokey Joe so I'm hoping they will continue to be nice to the old cat [​IMG] Last night he'd sit around watching but if they got too close he'd just get up and move back a bit more.

Thanks for looking DLV58 and cverba :)

5. ChirpyChicks1

Jul 22, 2013
    Let them out again last night and they did great. It's funny though how you don't realize how much crap you have sitting around, or tiny bits of trash on the ground until you have chickens out who will find every little thing [​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

truer words were never spoken! Although I am a smoker, I have never been one to toss butts anywhere but in the trash, or I use an ashtray. Sometimes I tuck the dead butts in my pants pockets because I will not "trash" the world. After my dominant rooster ( who has always tried to "tid-bit" me like one of his hens, bribing me with a preffy leaf, a twisted twig, or a pebble) brought me a cigarette butt and put it at my feet, cooing and clucking for me to accept it, I became ever so much more careful about cigarette butts. No open ash trays or "butt cans" outside any more! I think he was pretty clever in finding something he was sure I'd like.... Even though I was mortified. :lol:

7. cverba

cverba Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2013
    Albany, OR
    Aw he brings you presents!! I'm jealous! What a good bird!

8. ChirpyChicks1

Jul 22, 2013
    lol That is funny!

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Busy chickens will always find ways to amuse us. [​IMG]

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

They had a nice time outside their run! Love the picture of your daughter trying to coax them back inside, lol! I'm certain you have your hands full, keeping the dogs at bay. I know its not easy to do. Enjoy them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by