finally lockdown is here!!! one is moving!..... i think :/

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by showjumper_girl2002, Aug 8, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i'm so excited!! it's finally lockdown [​IMG] this is my first eggs i've tried to hatch and it seemed like lockdown was never gonna get here [​IMG] i have 8 scovy eggs and i swear i'm seeing one moveing! but then sometimes i think my eyes are playing tricks on me lol. my boyfriend thinks i'm crazy because i'm always at my incubator staring at the eggs waiting to see if something will happen [​IMG] i hope some hatch [​IMG] i'm so anctious i can't wait till they start showing signs that they're going to hatch [​IMG]

2. Mychickshatched!

Mychickshatched! Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Oregon
    [​IMG] Good luck with your chicks! I know how you feel, Lockdown was yesterday for me and I'm running to the incubator every five minutes to see if mine are hatching yet! AGHHH come on and hatch chickies so I can marvel at your cuteness! [​IMG] [​IMG] for the both of us!

3. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    i know! i can't wait to see them start to hatch [​IMG] good luck to you too [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mychickshatched!

Oct 16, 2009
    Oregon
    [​IMG] Post pictures when they start to pip! I'll do the same. I'm so excited! Yet, I worry about them not hatching! Even though its only day 19! Mine might be a day late because I started with a broken thermometer, but I hope not! Hatch chickies, hatch! I think I"m going to force myself to take a nap so I so I stop running into the laundry room every few minutes. Keep me posted!

5. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    I'm worried too about them not hatching since this is my first time, I hope i've done everything right [​IMG] I should probly do something too to keep from running over to my incubator every few minutes [​IMG] i'll post pics and you post too [​IMG] oh I can't wait! [​IMG]

6. Mychickshatched!

Oct 16, 2009
    Oregon
    I'm so anxious/bored/excited that I just ate an entire box of tic-tacs. WOAH. Okay. Take deep breaths. What breeds/how many eggs are you incubating? I've got five Ameraucanas and three Silkies. Post a picture of your brooder/wherever you're putting them when they hatch! [​IMG] Glad to have someone to share in the excitement!

My brooder, i think i might put something else in it, but I'm not sure quite what. Any ideas? :

[​IMG]

My eggs! The small, light, cream-ish ones are the silkies :

[​IMG]

What kind of incubator are you using? I'm using an LG one, not sure if I like it too much... This is only my second time incubating anything, ever! Last time we had a power outage on day 13. [​IMG] Hopefully this hatch turns out better! What humidity+temp are you at? Right now I'm at just below 100 and 74%. [​IMG]

7. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG] i'm right there with you! glad to share the excitement with you too:ya we definately need to keep eachother posted. as far as incubators i'm using the Rcom 20. i love it! the temp and humidity never budge! it's great for me since i've never done this before and it's fool proof [​IMG] i have 8 muscovy eggs in there right now [​IMG] this is day 32, first day of lockdown!

[​IMG]

i like your brooder [​IMG] i was just going to use a big plastic tub with newspaper or something but now that i see yours i might try and put something like that together [​IMG]

i have my temp at 98.5 and humidity at 70% i'd rather have it at 75 ish but this incubator only goes up to 70 [​IMG]

i have a feeling i'm going to be checking on them every time i wake up tonight [​IMG]

i really hope some of them hatch i only see 1 and a possible 2nd or 3rd wobbling slighty one way more than the others. hope they're healthy and ready to come out [​IMG]

8. Mychickshatched!

Oct 16, 2009
    Oregon
    Nice 'bator! How the heck did you get that thing? It look super nice! So, ducklings? How cute! I love ducks! When I checked just a minute ago, I noticed that one of the eggs had turned from the part of it's shell that reads "O" to the side that says July 23! Woohoo! That means it scooched about... a half inch [​IMG] Oh well, thats a start, right? I'm sure all your ducklings will come out fine, if they're already wobbling! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. showjumper_girl2002

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    I hear peeping!!!!! [​IMG] And definately saw one of the eggs rock a lot! Yea I love this bator, my dad got it for me [​IMG] oh this is so exciting! I've been up all night watching [​IMG] can't wait for our eggs to finally start hatching [​IMG] congrats on ur eggbs progress too [​IMG]

10. Mychickshatched!

Oct 16, 2009
    Oregon
    [​IMG] go duckies go! congrats! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by