FINALLY - my applications are complete

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickerdoodle13, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    But I've become so used to having them hang over my head that I haven't been able to feel stress-free yet! I've been working on veterinary school applications pretty much all summer and while I finished filling them out back in August, I've had to wait for people to submit letters of recommendation. One of them submitted shortly after I asked (Too bad not all are like that!), another submitted a few weeks ago, and the last just submitted this morning...with only 5 hours to spar until the deadline! I was pulling my hair out last night and hardly got any sleep. I put most of my summer and about $700 into those applications, and if any of the letters were not submitted on time, my applications would not be accepted by any of the schools for review. Phew, talk about stress! I had constantly been in contact with this person about the letters and they kept telling me they would work on them that day, and they still didn't do them until the morning they were due! Talk about procrastination. The thing that killed me is I asked back in June as soon as the applications came out, so everyone would have plenty of time.

Well, now they are done and I just have to sit back and wait to hear from the schools.

The final recommender also mentioned to me that I should have waived my right to see the letters, which miffed me a bit. I was not aware that I had not waived my right to see them and I can't go in and view them now (I already checked). They mentioned recommenders can be more candid if we waived our right to see the letters. My problem with that is that if I ask someone to write me a letter of recommendation, they should be willing to write good things. If they can't, they should tell me they don't feel comfortable doing the letter. This was my first time doing online submission of applications though, so I did not see this section about waiving rights. Usually I ask my recommenders to put their letters in a sealed envelope with their signature across the seal so I cannot open it. I did tell them I have no intention of looking at any of the letters. I was just happy people submitted them! (And I hope they were nice enough to write GOOD things!)

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    About you, who could wrte bad? [​IMG]

Take a deep breath. Relax.

And wait.

You are on to the next step, and I wish you the best.

3. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks Sourland! I'm finally starting to feel more relaxed. Its funny how we get so used to being stressed that when the stress is taken away, relaxation seems so foreign! No matter the decisions from the schools, it is most certainly the next step in life! If I don't get accepted, I plan to search out animal related jobs, which would also be a nice change from what I have been doing. Then I'll just try again the next year! If I have to apply again, it should be MUCH easier, because all the letters are stored in the system for five years I believe.

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Congratulations on everything getting submitted! I agree with Sour - I can't imagine anybody having anything negative to say about you.

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by