Finally! My first eggs are developing!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3BirdGirlz, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 3BirdGirlz

3BirdGirlz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    I am a newbie hatcher. After having two small batches of duck eggs not develope (bad air cells and some frozen) I got 8 chicken eggs in the mail and some are developing by day 4! So don't give up! It's hard to get good quality chicks where I live, so by mail is a good way to try. Out of 8 eggs, 4 have dislodged air cells and look clear. I will wait a few more days and toss. But the best thing is I see spider veins in a couple! Now I know what everyone is talking about!!! And a heart beating is amazing already at day 4. A couple developing have funky air cells so I hope they make it to the end. BYC has helped me not give up....shipped eggs are hard. Thanks everyone on here for your wonderfully helpful posts! :)

2. red golden

red golden Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2012
    roxboro nc
    Congrats and keep your cool when things go wrong. I see alot of people panic lol so hatchaway.

3. 3BirdGirlz

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    Well 2 out of my 8 chicken eggs are still developing. Not the best hatch rate, but they did travel a ways. Hope I get them to hatch!

4. goldfinches

goldfinches Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Maryland
    I just hatched some a few weeks ago. I almost gave up on them because I couldn't see much developing. But, around day 8 or so, they went from nothing to solid, and I ended up getting 6 out of 7 to hatch. Don't give up!

5. 3BirdGirlz

Feb 18, 2013
    Montana
    I won't! I got some BLRW bantam eggs today, so hopefully I'll have a variety of chicks hatch this month! practice and patience I keep saying;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by